This website was designed by the Education & Outreach team of Ridge 2000 while the program office was hosted by Pennsylvania State University (2001-2005) and Scripps Institution of Oceanography (2005-2008). The National Science Foundation awards that supported this website's design and implementation are: OCE-0116823 and OCE-0532013, and GEO-0627909. Please note that this website is archived and no longer actively maintained.
Linking to us
Webmasters wanting to provide hyperlinks to this site are welcome to do so provided the site containing the link does not state or imply any sponsorship or endorsement of your site by Ridge 2000.
Material on this website is the copyright of Ridge 2000, except for photographs and images where copyright remains with the photographers identified in the image credits (at the foot of each page). All rights reserved. Please contact us for permission if you want to reproduce any part of this site in any way, unless:
- You wish to make a single copy for your own personal, non-commercial use;
- You wish to use the material for non-profit educational or research purposes.
This website provides hyperlinks to other websites, and details of books and articles, in case these are of interest or use to visitors to this site. We are not responsible for the content or functionality of any of these external websites, books or articles. Inclusion of a link or reference does not make or imply endorsement of the site/book/article, its author(s) or its publisher(s).
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information on this site is accurate and current, and that files are served to you quickly. However, we cannot and do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, topicality, non-infringement, or fitness for a particular purpose of information or material available through this website, nor do we guarantee that this website will be error-free or continuously available.
Any opinions, findings and conclusions or recommendations expressed on this site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
Tips for viewing this site
If you would like to enlarge or reduce the font size, you can do so using the "view" menu of your browser. In some browsers, greatly increasing the font size may mean that text in the right-hand column may slip below the central column.
For students and educators:
- NOSB (National Ocean Sciences Bowl): an academic competition for high school students that focuses on ocean-related topics.
- SEAS (Student Experiments At Sea): a program for middle- and high-school students. Teaches the process of scientific inquiry and concepts in deep-sea science.
- ROV competition: regional and national competitions for high school and college students to design and build remotely-operated submersible vehicles.
- REVEL (Research and Education: Volcanoes, Exploration and Life project): summer program for teachers. Participate in research alongside scientists studying the seafloor of the Juan de Fuca Plate in the Northeast Pacific, and learn how to transfer this experience effectively to the classroom.
- GeoMapApp: a is an earth science exploration and visualization application that is continually being expanded as part of the Marine Geoscience Data System (MGDS) at the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University.
- Ridge 2000 MediaBank Explore over 100 images and videos from the Ridge 2000 Program.